• Contact will be made the previous day to your lesson to ask whether you have had any symptoms of the Covid -19 virus within the last 7 days or if you know anyone or have been in contact with someone who has within the last 14 days.
• I will remind you to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, in line with Government guidance, immediately
before leaving the house for your lesson and ask you if you want to wear disposable
gloves, to put them on just before getting into the car. You that you should not touch your face. I request that you wear a face mask throughout your driving lesson unless you have a medical condition that prevents it. If you have any questions regarding this, please conta
• I ask that you wear suitable clothing providing as much covering as is reasonable. Short sleeves are now acceptable.
• I will double check the above again prior to the lesson beginning.
• Upon arrival I shall again assess whether you are well enough to start the lesson. Please do not enter the car straight away, we shall try to have a conversation with you at least 2 metres away and check for any symptoms. I shall use a hand-held thermometer to take your temperature. I request that you meet me by the car socially distanced and not at your front door.
• I will need to be 100% happy with your state of health and if I am not the lesson will not go ahead. Lessons will be cancelled until you have fully recovered.
• I will have hand sanitiser available if it has not been possible to wash your hands.
• If possible both of us should avoid touching our faces and hands.
• I will not shake your hand, share visual aids, pens etc. with them and will be minimising contact with them for safety.
• Between lessons I will have cleaned down door handles inside and out, windows and mirror controls, seat adjusters and head restraints, seat-belt and its connection, gear lever, steering wheel, indicator and wiper stalks, car keys and training resources.
• It will be necessary for the windows to be down as much as possible during the lesson to allow for ventilation, you may need to wrap up warm as it might be cooler in the car than usual.
• We shall avoid using the air conditioning as much as possible, however if it is used it will not be set to recirculate.
• It will not be possible during this time for clients parents, guardians or friends to sit in on the lesson or test.